As of 4-3-‘20…In support of public health the Forestville Certified Farmers Market will not be opening in June as previously planned. This is all due to the spread of COVID-19. Farmers Markets, like grocery stores, have been deemed an essential service. However with the predications of “things getting much worse before it gets better” and the predictions that Sonoma County may very well experience a peak of COVID-19 cases in June, we decided this decision was in the best interest of our public’s health.
Farmers Markets are an integral part of local sustainable food systems so please continue to support Farmers Markets that are currently open in Sebastopol, Santa Rosa and Petaluma. Forestville is taking this month by month. We may open in July, but we just don’t know yet. Please stay tuned.
The Sonoma County Dept. of Public Health put forth the following list of guidelines for Farmers Markets.( as of 3-30-’20).
- No seating because that encourages people to mingle
- No live music because that encourages people to mingle
- No public restrooms because they want people to buy their veggies and leave
- They do want more hand washing stations where needed
- No food sampling is allowed
- No on site food preparation will be allowed. Food is allowed if pre-packaged before getting to the market
- Most markets are not allowing crafters. Too much touchy feely
- Bakers are allowed, however baked items must be in display cases. Baker can bag items, but cannot have bread sitting out in bags with open ends
The Forestville Certified Farmers Market will open when the time is right, so until then, Be Strong, Be Well, Be Safe and we WILL get through this together.
The following information from the California Department of Public Health
California continues to issue guidance on preparing and protecting California from COVID-19. Consolidated guidance is available on California Department of Public Health’s Guidance page.
For more information on COVID-19 and California’s response visit the California Department of Public Health’s website.
Home of the 2020 Forestville Certified Farmers Market
Opening Day Celebration Canceled, So Sorry
Tuesday, June 9th, 4p to 7p
Live Music by Andre Thierry and his Accordion Soul Music!
At the Market you will find local Farmers & Chefs. Crafters, Beer & Wine!
Shop, Eat, Drink, & Visit with Friends & Family.
Eat dinner at the Mkt. Bring your chairs, blankets, kick back and enjoy the music.
West County Regional Trail (which runs between Forestville and Sebastopol) meanders through the Market offering beautiful oak trees and welcomed shade.
This makes for an excellent destination and meeting place after a summer’s evening walk or bike ride. There are plenty of picnic tables and giant redwood benches throughout the park.
This is a family friendly Market offering food and drink for all ages.
Check out our Beer & Wine booth where you will find world class
Sonoma County Wines & Ice Cold Beer!
Our Farmers in 2020
- RLR Farm of Forestville brings flavor packed, nutrient rich Micro Greens and other specialty veggies
- Ortiz Brothers of Santa Rosa brings a plethora of healthy veggies, and seasonal fresh cut flowers and more
- Rojas Family Farm of Central Valley brings stone fruit, oranges, grapes and more to our market early in the season from the central valley
- Hidden Lake Farm of Forestville brings a variety of fresh stone fruits and veggies. Gravenstein apples, garlic, carrots, dry farmerd table grapes and more
- Nature Spirits Garden of Santa Rosa will offer Edible Vegetable Nursery Plants Herbs and Flowers and occasional Micro Greens
- Visiting farmers may vary each week:
Our Food Vendors (more to come, stay tuned)
- The Green Grocer creating artisan, handcrafted foods that inspire your taste buds and fulfill your food dreams. All ingredients from local farms.
- Latta’s Indian Cuisine dishes up delicious authentic indian food. Be still my heart.
- Edna’s Hot Dogs delish all beef dogs, polish sausage, and brats with all the fixins! There’s more! Homemade Tamales too!
- Kettle Corn and Sweet Treats by our home town Pullen’s Concessions. Food for the soul!
- Canneti’s Roadhouse Italiana Restaurant located directly across the street from the market, will rush their warm fresh baked specialty breads, focaccias pastas, feta pies, baklavas and more to their booth!
- California Balsamics featuring the finest fruit essential oils, rice bran oil and balsamic vinegars. At the Mkt: Opening Day-June 9, July 14, August 25, & September 22
- Beer & Wine Booth! Ice Cold Beer & Fine Local Wines. Cider from Ace in the Hole
Our Crafters (more coming, stay tuned)
- Kelly’s Fine Jewelry beautifully crafted silver rings, necklaces and bracelets
- Island Goddess handmade textiles, jewelry, decor
- The Lather Studio Vegan soaps made with goats milk, sugar scrubs, vegan lotions, bath bombs & shower steamers
- Young Living essential oils
Open every Tuesday, from June 9 thru September 29, 4 to 7p
Located in downtown Forestville right in the center of town. Across the street from
Shear Pleasure Salon and Canneti’s Restaurant, 6900 Front Street.
Email us at: email@example.com Questions call Mary 707-766-4597. Check us out on facebook!
We invite our local farmers and artisans to vend at the Forestville Farmers Market. We are always open to new vendor applicants. If you have local, handcrafted artisan products, goods or local produce and would like to become a vendor, please visit the ‘Become a Vendor‘ page. And if you just love Farmers Markets and want to come support your local farmers and artisans, please visit the Forestville Farmers Market
The Farmers Market is sponsored by the Forestville Chamber of Commerce